Habitech 1/4 Inch Irrigation Adapter to Faucet/Garden Hose - Product Manual
- Package Contents
- Tubing Compatibility
- How to install the adapter
- Troubleshooting: Issues attaching the tubing
- Troubleshooting: Issues with leaking
- Where is this product made?
- I don't see my question here.
||- Quantity of three Habitech 1/4" Tubing to Faucet Adapters (3-Pack)|
Our 1/4" irrigation adapter is compatible with the widest range of brand name and generic 1/4" Tubing, featuring a large barb that helps ensure a water-tight seal. However it's important to know there is no standard sizing for drip irrigation tubing in the USA, so the exact measurements of each brand and model of 1/4" Tubing can vary by many millimeters, impacting what fittings are compatible.
1) Warm the end of the 1/4" irrigation tubing with hot water, so it will soften and stretch over the barb more easily.
2) Firmly push the end of the 1/4" irrigation tubing onto the exposed barb on the adapter. Push and twist the tubing until the barb is fully inserted.
3) Screw the adapter on to a garden hose or spigot to connect your water source.
If necessary you can heat the end of the 1/4" tubing in hot (not quite boiling) water to soften it, so it more easily pushes onto the barb on the adapter.
If you are experiencing leaking, here are a few things you can check:
1. Your normal faucet water pressure may be too high for drip irrigation, which is designed to use a low flow rate. Try using a pressure regulator to lower the pressure to an optimal level for your drip system.
2. Check to ensure that the tubing is completely pushed over the barb.
3. Check that the red rubber washer pre-installed inside the adapter is securely in place. Then ensure that the adapter is fully and tightly screwed onto the spigot or garden hose.
This product is made in the USA.
We are here to help! For customer support, please contact us.